|1||Baggage Screening Executive|
Qualification::Professionals(Engineering Graduates/Regular MBA / PGDM (two year duration). Preference will be given for candidates having valid Screener Certificate from Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS).
Relaxation for Candidates from Evictee Families:
Graduates other than Professionals can also apply
Upper Age limit as on 01.07.2019
Maximum Age 35 years. Age relaxation will be considered for candidates with higher qualification and experience including Ex- servicemen.
Relaxation for candidates from Evictee Category : 5 years relaxation in age *
|2||Fire & Rescue Operators|
10th Pass + 3 years Govt. approved regular Diploma in Mechanical/ Automobile/ Fire/ Electrical/ Electronics with minimum 50% marks.
12th pass (regular study) with 50% marks.
Preference will be given to persons who have already completed Basic Fire Service Training at any of AAI’s Fire Training Institutes.
Relaxation for candidates from evictee category: Pass mark in the qualifying examination will be adequate.
(a) Valid Heavy Vehicle Driving Licence
(b) Valid Medium Vehicle Licence issued at least one year before the date of advertisement
(c) Valid Light Motor Vehicle Licence issued at least two years before the date of advertisement.
In case of (b) and (c), on qualifying the written test, the candidates should produce a valid Heavy Driving Licence at the time of driving test.
In case the candidate fails to do so then he will not be allowed to take driving test and will be disqualified from further selection process. (If valid HMV licence is not available at the time of driving test in case of evictee category candidates, time upto 3 months will be allowed for participating in driving test to be conducted later)
Eyesight: Distance Vision – 6/6 at both eyes without glasses.
Near Vision – N-5 in both eyes without glasses (Visual evaluation is for each eye individually).
Colour Vision – should be normal as determined by Ischihara’s Charts.
Height: Not less than 167 cms. (for evictee category not less than 165 cms)
Chest : 81 cms normal before expansion.
Minimum expansion 5 cms.
Weight: Not less than 55 Kg.
Hearing and Speech: Normal.
Physical deformity, chronic diseases, colour blindness, night blindness, squint eye, flat foot, bow legs, knocking knee and refractive error will be considered as disqualification. Must not have undergone major operation by virtue of which his physical fitness to work in fire service has been impaired. Should be capable of undergoing physical strain for prolonged periods.
Relaxation Criteria: Relaxation criteria applicable only for those applicants who are members of families whose residential buildings (houses) were acquired for Kannur Airport Project is as follows:
(a) Pass mark in the qualifying examination will be adequate.
(b) Upper age will be relaxed by 5 years.
General Instructions to Applicants :
- Applications will be accepted through online only. Applications received in any other means will be summarily rejected except for evictee category, who have to apply online as well as submit/send a hard copy with a self-attested copy of the related LAC (Land Acquisition Certificate).
- Only Indian Nationals can apply for the above posts.
- Before applying for the post, the candidate should ensure that he/she fulfills the eligibility and other norms mentioned in the advertisement/ notification.
- The eligibility of applicants with respect to age, educational qualification, experience etc. will be determined as on 01.07.2019.
- Screening of applications will be done based on the details provided by applicants in the online application with reference to the qualification, age, experience etc. specified for the particular post.
- Candidates have to upload scanned copy of their recent passport size photograph of maximum size 50 KB in jpg format. The same photograph should be affixed on the Admit Card, if called for the next stage of selection process.
- Applicants to the post of Fire & Rescue Operators who have already completed Basic Fire Service Training at any of AAI’s Fire Training Institutes, have to upload copy of their Basic Fire Services Training certificate. Applicants to the post of Baggage Screening Executives have to upload copy of valid Screener Certificate from Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS).
- The application must be submitted online on or before 5.00 pm (IST) on 13.08.2019. Late applications will be summarily rejected. Candidates are advised to submit applications sufficiently early to avoid last minute rush.
- Selection process will be based on Written test, Physical Efficiency test, Driving Skill test, and Interview as notified below for each category
* Baggage Screening Executive : Written Test and Interview
* Fire & Rescue Operator : Written Test, Physical Efficiency Test, Driving Skill Test & Interview
Shortlisting will be based on marks scored in the written test.
Shortlisted candidates for the post of Fire & Rescue Operator will have to appear for the Physical Efficiency Test. The Physical Efficiency Test contains the following events. Candidates must qualify in at-least 5 out of 8 items in the physical efficiency test.
|Sl No.||Events||One Star Standards|
|1||100 Meters Run||14 seconds|
|2||High Jump||132.20 cms|
|3||Long Jump||457.20 cms|
|4||Putting the Shot (7264 gms)||609.60cms|
|5||Rope climbing (using hand only )||365.80cms|
|6||Throwing the Cricket Ball||6096cms|
|7||Pull up or Chinning||8 times|
|8||1500 metres Run||5 minutes & 44 seconds.|
The Physical Measurements (Height, Weight, Chest etc.) will be taken initially and only candidates meeting the required physical standards as mentioned in the notification will be allowed for participating in the physical test.
- Candidates qualified in the Physical Efficiency Test will be eligible to attend the Heavy Vehicle Driving Skill Test.
- Shortlisted candidates will have to submit the original certificates at a prescribed stage in the selection process. During verification of these documents, if any of the data submitted through online by the candidate is found to be false or incorrect, they shall be disqualified and will not be permitted to attend further process of selection and in addition any other actions as applicable.
- All communications, including the availability of admit card for the Written test, Skill test, Physical test and Interview call letters will be only through E-mail. Candidates are advised to visit the website www.kannurairport.in regularly for updates/notices and announcements.
- Kannur International Airport reserves the right to accept or reject any or all applications without assigning any reason thereof, at its discretion.
- TA/DA will not be paid by Kannur International Airport to candidates for attending any tests / interview.
- Applications of candidates attempting to influence or interfere with the selection process will be rejected summarily and he/she will be declared disqualified for future vacancies in Kannur International Airport.
- Candidates selected for the above posts will be offered employment on contract basis initially for a period of three years during which a monthly consolidated pay as notified will be offered.
- Candidates selected for the post of Fire and Rescue Operator shall be sent for a mandatory training at the identified Fire Training Centres. These candidates will be appointed to the post only after successful completion of this training, and during the training period they shall be eligible for a monthly stipend of Rs 10,000/-. The cost of the training will be borne by the company. However, a surety bond shall be executed by the candidate to work in the company for a minimum period of two years.
- Selected Candidates may be posted in any of the Department/functions/discipline of the company. They are liable to be transferred/deputed to any other department/branch/unit/subsidiary/joint venture of the company as the case may be.
- Selected candidates shall be required to work on any shift as assigned by the Company.
- Candidates belonging to Evictee category are those whose house had been acquired as per terms of G.O. No.07-2008-trans dated 01-02-2008 and G.O.No 533/2015/Trans Dated 21-11-2015 during land acquisition for the construction of Kannur International Airport. Evictee category applicants should also be having LAC (Land Acquisition Certificate) either in their own name or should have direct relationship such as father/ mother/ grandparents/siblings etc.
- Candidates belonging to Evictee Category should submit applications online and then to take print out of the application and forward the same to "The Managing Director, Kannur International Airport Ltd, Kara Peravoor PO, Mattannur, Kannur 670702 along with the proof of eligibility (consent letter) and copy of LAC in a sealed envelope. The envelope should be super-scribed (heading to be written) as “Application for the Post of ___________________________ (Under Evictee Category)“.
- Candidates who are eligible for evictee status as per Company’s guidelines in line with the Government Order (GO (MS) No. 07/2008/Transport Dated 01/02/2008 and G.O.No 533/2015/Trans Dated 21-11-2015) shall be given relaxation in percentage of marks, age limit, experience etc. as applicable for each category and as notified in the advertisement.
- The employment opportunity for LAC holders can be extended only one time and for a specific one post only.
- During contract, both parties reserve the right to terminate the services of contract employees without assigning any reason, by giving three month notice or three month pay in lieu of notice period.
- Candidates employed in Govt. Departments/PSUs/Autonomous bodies must produce “No Objection Certificate (NOC)” at the time of interview from respective employer/Government Department. In case, the candidate fails to produce the NOC, his/her candidature will not be considered for further process.
- Decision of Kannur International Airport in all matters regarding eligibility of the candidate, the stages at which such scrutiny of eligibility is to be undertaken, the documents to be produced for the purpose of conduct of interview, selection and any other matter relating to recruitment will be final and binding on the candidate.
- Court of jurisdiction for any dispute will be at Kannur District.
- M/s. KITCO is the Agency engaged by Kannur International Airport to co-ordinate and to conduct the process of selection of candidates of Kannur International Airport.
- All queries /issues regarding application submission etc. are to be addressed to KITCO only through e-mail: email@example.com